Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 270

Thread: The Last Thing I Bought Was...

  1. #191
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that Julie is working, they raised our rent, took away our food stamps and expect us to manage a family of three on minumiunm wage. We have given up so much, but after being days away from being homeless, at least we are living indoors instead of a refridgerator box... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #192
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    we thought about moving back to Florida because of our health issues..but we can't afford the housing ...even with no state taxes the cost of living there is much higher than in the mountains...we don't pay for water or sewer...or garbage...our property taxes are less than 700.00 a year...property insurance is cheaper too...no hurricanes....so we will just stay put...oh and no "drive bys" up here either LOL

  3. #193
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah VA is really expensive. In NC we paid $650 in rent and could manage for me to quit work and go back to school fulltime but in VA we pay no rent and I am working fulltime and we are worse off. The taxes here are incredible. Bread cost over 3 bucks, unless you count Sunbeam which I hate because you cant spread pbutter on it without the bread breaking.

  4. #194
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahhh but baking bread is better than buying it right????

  5. #195
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah Mum,
    Randy always says he wants to move back to LA and I'm like HELL NO!!! I have no desire to live in Cali and you couldn't pay me to live in any part of Florida below interstate 10 BUT I would love to live in NC or VA or even PA!!!

  6. #196
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yep it is. I picked my cauliflower this weekend along with my first few blueberries and raspberries. The cabbages are looking good and the brussels will be ready with in a week or two. I am so excited. My lettuce and spinach in the summer garden looks great and will be ready quite soon too. DOntcha just love gardens?

    Last thing I bought: a six pack of mini corona bottles & salt & vinegar chips.

  7. #197
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WELLLLLL
    The last thing I bought was water, toilet paper and pull ups...the kicker is SOME HOW UN beknownst to me...I got pull ups for GIRLS???
    TY didn't mind though cause they had Dora on them HAHAHAHA Hope I dodn't confuse the little guy??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #198
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to the store for hamburger....and a snickers bar fell into my bag [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #199
    Inactive Member Canadianblueyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The last thing I bought was a couple of new shirts and 2 pairs of pants.

  10. #200
    L??st
    Guest L??st's Avatar

    Post

    patio lights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •